Lyme disease is devastating lives and so much more needs to be done to help people avoid infection and improve patient outcomes. That is why we, along with other charities, will be running an awareness campaign during Lyme Awareness Month in May 2020. Buildings will be lit green all over the UK and Ireland, supported by a social media campaign. Lyme Resource Centre is focussing on Scotland and Ireland while other charities focus on England and Wales.
To help us, can you arrange for your local landmark to be lit lime green on 16th May?
- Arrange for a building in Scotland or Ireland to be lit lime green on behalf of Lyme Resource Centre (Scottish charity SC049151). If they ask for a hex colour tell them it is #79f700.
- Tell us your name, the name of the venue, the lighting date arranged, and whether you want your name published. If possible, include a photo of the venue in daylight. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
- If possible, take a picture on the night. Post it on your social media and email it to us at email@example.com. We will post all the photos as part of our social media campaign on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Follow us to like and share our posts:
- Facebook: https//www.facebook.com/lymeresourcecentrescotland/
- Twitter: @LymeResourceCtr
- Instagram: lymeresourcecentre
To make the biggest impact, we are trying to get buildings lit on 16th May 2020. However, if your venue cannot do that date then other possible dates in priority order are 15th, 17th, 9th, 2nd, 23rd, 30th, or any day in May.
We are delighted that so many volunteers are supporting us by arranging for buildings and places to be lit lime green, whether a national landmark or local council building or church. People with Lyme disease and their families often feel isolated so it means a lot to the community to know that people care and are aware of the seriousness of this illness. With increased awareness, we hope to achieve increased support for patients.